I got tired of the old website because it looked very ugly, so I’ve transferred everything over to Blot. This is a temporary measure until the Platen version is up and running (thanks, Mikey!) but it will make me happier in the short term.
I want to keep the old devlog as a record of the changes to this site so I’m going to copy it into this post, and from now on I’m just going to write a blog post here when I have updates.
- Transferred the site over to Blot and updated the text so that it matches the most recent digital release. At this point the text is highly unlikely to change in any real way, other than being expanded. I’m currently working on treasure tables and magic items, as well as dungeon generation tools, and they’ll form new section. But the core of the game is now complete.
- Updated the license to make it more clear who is allowed to make things using the game and who isn’t, and what sorts of things you are and are not allowed to make.
Here’s the old devlog:
- 22/05/2023 - Updated the rules for light to reflect the way I actually run the game. These are largely taken from The Vanilla Game, though the addition of the light saving throw is unique to A Dungeon Game. These changes to light also impact Surprise & Encounter Distance.
- 17/05/2023 - Updated character creation to make the process more streamlined and require less moving back and forth through the rules. Updated rules about Rituals to clarify how often they can be used. Added rules for creating and using spell scrolls. Made backpacks actually useful.
- 30/01/2023 - Updated advancement track to bring Recovery Die in line with the game only using d6 and d20 die types. Added a new play report from Nick Spence.
- 27/01/2023 - Altered advancement track so that hitting Level 2 has more chance of increasing max health.
- 21/01/2023 - Replaced some words in the Ritual generator (“Limerant” becomes “Hungering”, removed duplicate of “Hate” and replaced with “Sword”). Clarified the rules around gaining new Scars upon reaching 0 health and added a Dying section to the Violence page.
- 17/01/2023 - Added an example of play. Added character sheets (hosted on itch.io.
- 16/01/2023 - Added adventuring gear and prices. Updated the rules to cover accessing equipment in combat.
- 15/01/2023 - Added new monsters (Crawling Hand, Ghost, Giant Spider, Shadow, Wight) and updated all monsters with # Appearing. Added a list of play reports and 3rd party publications. If you’ve written anything for A Dungeon Game and want me to list it, drop me an email and let me know about it!
- 21/11/2022 - Removed the word “Love” from the Ritual Generator and replaced it with “Swarm”.
- 18/11/2022 - Added missing Surprise/Reactions/Distance, Morale, and Combat Rounds sections to Violence.
- 17/11/2022 - Fixed broken link on Doing Things. Added three new monsters: Banshee, Doppleganger, and Kakodemon.